In this digital era, we all are finding new ways to socialize with a lot of new people every day with social media being the most important part of interacting with new people.
If you are finding an app that lets you have a real-time conversation with your friends and family or want to meet new people then Kik For PC is the best Messenger app you can have on your device.
Chatting with your loved ones is made more interesting with a wide range of features provided in the app. A wifi connection or an internet top-up is required to take advantage of all the features of this app.
How to download Kik for PC
The Kik app is not officially available for PC. However, you can download the app and run it on your PC through an emulator.
There are many Android emulators that can help you download Kik for pc on your machine. BlueStacks is one of the most recognized emulators you can find.
By following the below steps you will be able to run Kik on your computer easily.
Steps for downloading Kik For PC
- Download BlueStacks from any of the web browsers of your choice.
- Install it on your computer and open it by double-clicking on the BlueStacks icon.
- Open the app store on the emulator and login with your Google account.
- Now, search for the Kik app and download it after you find the official app.
- Open the app, choose a username, and create an account on Kik to get started.
The best part about this app is that you don’t have to add your mobile number while signing up.
Features of the Kik app For PC
- Integrated browser
- Kik app features an integrated browser inside the app which allows you to explore anything without leaving the app. You don’t have to download any other browser for surfing on your device.
- If you are a multi-tasker then this feature will be a game-changer for you. Also, this provides you with the best user experience.
- Unique chatting experience
- With the Kik app installed on your device, you will be notified every time you receive a message or a message is sent. Audio messages can also be personalized with different notification tones.
- The user-friendly interface of this app lets you select any theme or background for your chats. Create groups and discuss your weekend plans with your friends, colleagues, or family members.
- Customization features
- One of the best things which makes the Kik app stand apart is that the user can easily customize the interface to their liking.
- You can select from the themes available in the Kik app and also the background color can be changed according to your taste.
- You can set different notification ringtones for different contacts so that you know who’s messaging you. If you want to give priority to some contacts you can add a distinctive notification ringtone to their chats.
- Group chats and video chats
- Create groups and add any of your contacts and start chatting. You are free to change the name and the display picture of the group along with the chat background.
- You can also request to join the groups which are already in existence by searching them from the app.
- One of the most important features is the video calling facility which lets you talk face to face virtually. Kik also allows you to have video chatting.
- Invite friends
- If you have friends that don’t use the Kik app and you want them to join you and have fun with this app, you can invite them through different mediums.
- You can invite people via a text message, social media, or email and request them to join you on Kik.
- Retrieve old messages
- The chat which is not visible on the chat window can be retrieved from the history feature of the Kik for PC. You can easily get back the important texts with the help of this feature.
- Continue from where you left
- If you are in a hurry or leaving for some important work and you left the chat in between then you don’t have to worry about anything.
- Kik app will let you continue your conversation just like it never stopped. Previous chats are all secured and you don’t have to worry about anything.
- Privacy and security are the two main concerns of a user while downloading an app to his/her device. But with the Kik app for PC, all your personal information is in safe hands as you stay anonymous to other unknown users.
- Your username is not permanent and you can change it anytime you want. Also if someone seems suspicious you have an option to block them.
- User-friendly interface
- Even if you are a new user and unaware of the features of this app then also it will be easy for you to get started without any guide or instructions.
- Notifications and multimedia messages
- Sending or receiving any message on Kik will send you a notification on your device. You can also set different notification ringtone for any individual.
Along with texting, you can also share photos, videos, gifs, emojis, sketches, etc to make the conversation more exciting and fun.
Kik For PC FAQs
- What is Kik used for?
- Kik application is a messaging service through which you can connect with your friends or other new people.
- Is Kik safe?
- The privacy features of the Kik app make it trustworthy and reliable to use. This app is really popular amongst the young generation.
- Can I have 2 different accounts?
- Yes, you can have multiple accounts on Kik but the emails associated with each account must be different. To switch between accounts you need to logout from your account first.
- Can I use Kik without a phone number?
- Yes, in fact, this app doesn’t even require any phone number at all. Just download the app choose a username, signup and you are good to go.
- What does the blue dot mean on Kik?
- The blue dot is to indicates that the particular contact has sent you a message.
- What does the R symbol mean on Kik?
- The ‘R’ symbol is an indication of your message being read by the person to whom the message was sent.
By following all the above-given instructions you will be able to download the Kik app on your PC.
With great features like group chat, video chat, integrated browser, and customization ability, this app is a convenient way to connect with people.
An expert application developer, technology writer, who likes to discusses innovation and application development. His ability is in programming, portable applications, and games and on creating applications for Windows and Mac. You can contact me via email [email protected]