Watch your favorite TV Show, movie, or web series anywhere and anytime with the Netflix app on your device.
Browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Safari offer you the Netflix for Mac. You can download it on your Mac or you can just run it on the above-mentioned browsers.
You can search for your favorite actor, director, movie, or genre from the search bar given on the top right corner, or you can browse through the rows of posters on the main page of Netflix and select the one you want to watch.
Clicking on the posters will take you directly towards streaming and if you only click the title, a brief description of the particular show will be visible along with the maturity rating, the year it was produced in, etc.
Every now and then, new shows or original content is being added to Netflix which you can enjoy anytime with just a click.
Features of Netflix for Mac
Streaming quality depends on a few factors like your internet speed, the browser you are using, or the subscription plan you have chosen for streaming any of the Netflix originals.
For smooth streaming, make sure to have a good internet connection. Streaming on your home wifi would rather be a better option because high-quality streaming might eat up your data quickly.
If you want to have subtitles or alternate audio, you can just click on the ‘audio and subtitles’ icon and select your favorite language to continue.
Resolutions on browsers For Netflix for Mac
The maximum resolutions for streaming Netflix on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera are 720p on a Mac.
On a Mac, Safari supports up to 1080p of clarity and for MacOS 10.10 to 10.15. If the mac OS exceeds 11.0 version then you will be able to stream with 4K quality.
How to download Netflix for Mac
Getting Netflix on your Mac is easy but not as simple as downloading it from the app store on your smartphone.
As there is no official Netflix available for Mac you need to first have an emulator on your Mac. We will have a look at how you can download Netflix on your Mac.
Steps for downloading Netflix on Mac
You need to follow the steps given below to get the app.
- Open any browser and search for Bluestacks or you can download it directly from the given link.
- Install it and open the app store on the BlueStacks emulator and login with your Google account.
- Search for Netflix on the app store and click on download once you find the app.
- Wait for it to install. Once it is done you can open it and login with your Netflix account and enjoy watching your favorite movies or TV shows.
Netflix for Mac FAQs
- Is Netflix free for 30 days?
- Yes, Netflix offers a free month trial for its customers so that they can enjoy their favorite movies and TV shows without getting charged. Netflix will notify you before the end of the trial.
- Are movies free on Netflix?
- There are a whole bunch of free movies and Tv shows from which you can play and watch anyone of your choice.
- Do I have to register or sign up for free movies?
An expert application developer, technology writer, who likes to discusses innovation and application development. His ability is in programming, portable applications, and games and on creating applications for Windows and Mac. You can contact me via email [email protected]