In this new smartphone world, socializing is made simple, easy, and efficient with lots of apps available on your fingertips. Connecting with your friends and family is now just a matter of one click.
Snapchat For Mac is one of the best messaging apps you can find on the app store both on iOS and Android operating systems. It is an American social app developed by Snapchat Inc.
Your friends can see your location on Snapchat if you have kept your location ‘public’, also you can request any of your friend’s locations.
This app is not officially available for any version of Mac computers but sooner or later it will surely be available on Mac.
But for now, if you want to have Snapchat on your Mac computer it is only possible through an emulator. There are many emulators available for you to choose from.
How to download Snapchat on Mac
One of the most downloaded and recognized emulators is BlueStacks. It can be downloaded from any of the web browsers you already have on your Mac.
BlueStacks basically helps you run an Android device on your Mac, which means you can download and run any Android app on your computer and in this case, Snapchat.
By following some simple steps you will be able to run Snapchat on your Mac.
Steps for downloading Snapchat For Mac
- Open any web browser on your Mac and search for BlueStacks emulator.
- Download the apk of BlueStacks to your computer.
- Go to the downloads file, double click and install the emulator on your Mac.
- Now open the app store on the emulator and search for Snapchat.
- Click on download and wait for it to be installed.
- Once finished installing you can go to the app drawer on BlueStacks, find the Snapchat app and you are good to go.
If you don’t already have a Snapchat account, you can just click on signup and enter your email or phone number. Set a username and password of your choice.
You will receive a confirmation code or an email from Snapchat which you have to enter to continue. Login and you are ready to take advantage of all the features of Snapchat.
Features of Snapchat For Mac
Many of the celebrities use Snapchat to share their eventful lives with their followers and it also has over 210 million worldwide users. You can send pictures and videos to your friends that are visible for a limited time period.
You can create snap streaks with your loved ones by sending them random photos or videos also known as ‘snaps’ which can be opened only once or twice before vanishing.
Creating streaks means you have to send a photo or a short video within a time frame of 24 hours. A sand-clock will appear on the chat if you haven’t sent a snap to the person.
Snaps can be sent from your Mac or PC with the help of a webcam. In case your web-cam is not working properly or you don’t have a web-cam, Snapchat will send you a notification to connect a webcam.
By clicking on the cancel button multiple times you can get rid of the pop-up notification.
You can have fun with really cool filters, lenses, or effects that enhance your photos or videos that you can further share with anyone of your contacts.
Chats are instantly deleted after the other person has seen it, but you can also change that to ‘delete chats after 24 hours of viewing’ from the settings.
Snapchat For Mac FAQs
- Can I check my Snapchat on my computer?
- Yes, if you have downloaded Snapchat by following the above steps you can see your friend’s snaps, and also you can share snaps if you have a webcam.
- Does Snapchat tell you when you replay someone’s story?
- No, anyone can view your story multiple times without the person knowing it but if you replay a snap or take a screenshot of the snap it will be shown in the chats.
- Can I login to Snapchat on two devices?
- No, you can only log in on one device at a time because Snapchat has a ‘one device at a time’ policy.
- What is stealth mode on Snapchat?
- Stealth mode also known as ‘Ghost mode’ allows the user to see the location of others without them knowing.
- How to get verified on Snapchat?
- To get verified on Snapchat you need to have more than 50,000 views on your stories. But how often you need those views is not clear.
We have shown you the downloading process of the app and also cleared some extra points. So, just like on your smartphone you can now use Snapchat on your PC or Mac.
Until the Mac version of Snapchat is available you can just download it through an emulator and have fun with all its features.
An expert application developer, technology writer, who likes to discusses innovation and application development. His ability is in programming, portable applications, and games and on creating applications for Windows and Mac. You can contact me via email [email protected]