Xbox Controller Driver For Mac: As we all know Mac computers are not well appreciated for their gaming performance and also the graphics are not up to the mark if we compare it to other computers out there.
Also, some of you will find it difficult to connect your controllers to your Mac. However, it is now easy to connect your favorite controller including Xbox One controller.
You can now enjoy different games on your Mac with Xbox. For that, you need to follow some simple steps and clear some of the necessary points.
- First, you need to have a wired controller as Mac computers only communicate via cables.
- Special drivers need to be downloaded and installed on your Mac for using Xbox One controllers.
If you don’t already have a wired Xbox controller you can buy one. It costs about $50 excluding the USB cable, or you can use one of the third-party controllers that are available.
How to download and install Xbox Controller Driver For Mac
So, you need to install both the Xbox One controller driver and Xbox 360 controller driver for mac. Once installed you are ready to connect them with your computer.
Steps to download Xbox Controller Driver For Mac
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac and search for www.GitHub.com.
- Download the most recently updated version of the controller.
- Once downloaded the .dmg file go to the downloads folder in the finder.
- Double click on the file and complete the installation process by continuing the steps.
- Once done you will need to restart your computer.
- After restarting, go to System Preferences and click on ‘Xbox 360 controllers’.
- Now, depending on your Mac computer, connect your Xbox controller with a micro USB to USB cable or micro USB to USB Type-C.
- After connecting it, an icon of the Xbox 360 controller will appear on the screen with multiple customization options.
- On the top of the page ‘Xbox One Wired Controller’ should be displayed.
- Now that it is connected you can configure your controller buttons according to your convenience.
You can now play any of your favorite Xbox games on your Mac computer. Make sure to properly connect and switch on the controller if the Xbox controller is not detected.
If the Xbox controller for mac is still not detected, follow these steps
- If all these above steps don’t work then check if you have downloaded the latest version of it.
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click on “Security and Privacy”.
- If there is a notice informing you that, “Your Mac blocked a program” then click on Allow.
- Now connect the controller and this time it will work perfectly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you use an Xbox controller on a Mac?
- Yes, you can use an Xbox controller on your Mac. However, you cannot play wirelessly and a wired connection is required.
- How to remap an Xbox controller on a Mac?
- Go to system preferences and click on the Xbox 360 controllers on the bottom. Make sure the stick moves in the picture when moved and the buttons light up in the picture when clicked.
- Where do I find drivers on Mac?
- You can find those drives in your Mac directory’s Library folder. However, this folder is hidden from casual users on the latest Mac OS.
- How do I connect an Xbox 360 controller to Mac?
- First, plug in the USB receiver then turns on your controller. Hold the connection button until the connection is established.
- Can you play Xbox One games on Mac?
- Yes, you need to first open the OneCast app then go to settings > preference > Xbox app connectivity. Make sure that both Xbox One and your Mac are on the same network. Now your Mac is ready to run any of the Xbox One games.
Nowadays gaming has become a challenging sport as there are millions of players across the globe. There are many games and consoles available in the market.
As you already know Xbox is one of the best gaming consoles that provide you realistic gaming experience. The only negative point is that Xbox is not compatible with VR.
Now you can connect your Xbox One or the Xbox 360 controllers to your Mac computer and take advantage of some of the best games you can play on Xbox.
An expert application developer, technology writer, who likes to discusses innovation and application development. His ability is in programming, portable applications, and games and on creating applications for Windows and Mac. You can contact me via email [email protected]